Submission deadline for documentation
The submission deadline for documentation is 2 pm on 15th November 2023. Failure to submit the documentation will lead to automatic cancellation of the academic services in your enrolment. Moreover, you will not be able to continue your programme until the matter has been resolved.
In accordance with the circumstances stated in your enrolment process, you will need to submit supporting documentation to the administrative services in the Antoni Maria Alcover i Sureda building, or at the Minorca, Ibiza and Formentera sites if you are taking the Master's Degree in Teacher Training there. Please bear in mind that you need to book an appointment.
If you have selected to pay by direct debit, you need to submit the SEPA authorisation form, duly filled-in and signed by the account holder, to the porter's lodge in the Antoni Maria Alcover i Sureda building, or the Minorca, Ibiza and Formentera sites, if you are taking the Master's Degree in Teacher Training there. No appointment is needed.
If your SEPA authorisation is digitally signed by the account holder, you can send it to <email@example.com>.
You will not be able to request academic certificates or your master's degree certificate until you have submitted this documentation.
Students with an admission qualification from the UIB must submit the original and a copy of the admission documents (admission requeriments), except for their degree and academic certificates, since the UIB already has these documents.
Students who do not possess an admission qualification from the UIB must submit the original and a copy of all admission documents.
You may submit the original or a certified copy* of this documentation as follows:
- In-person at the admin services of the Centre for Postgraduate Studies or the Minorca, or Ibiza and Formentera campuses. Appointment required
- At a registry support office (OAMR) in your town, autonomous region, embassy or consulate. It will then be forwarded to us digitally. You may view the offices in your town or autonomous region here: https://administracion.gob.es/pag_Home/atencionCiudadana/encuentraTuOficina/OficinasRegistro.html
- By registered post addressed to:
University of the Balearic Islands
Centre for Postgraduate Studies
Administrative Services - Postgraduate Unit
Antoni Maria Alcover i Sureda Building
Carretera de Valldemossa, km 7.5
This documentation may be submitted from 22nd November in the current academic year.
Institutional credentials are used to access different UIB apps (Acadèmic, Aula digital, UIBdigital, e-mail, etc.) and carry out different procedures on the e-services portal. They can be obtained by registering online.
You therefore need to have accredited your identity before 15th November 2023. Students who have not done so will only have temporary access to the UIB’s online services up to this date. After this date, they will cease to have access until they verify their identity.
You may accredit your identity as follows:
- Sitting a UIB admission or entry test where you need to provide ID
- Having a UIB degree
- Going to admin services in person* (appointment required) and producing the ID document you used for registration
- Submitting an online general application form over the e-services portal (you will need a valid digital certificate) to request ID verification. You must attach a copy of the ID document you used for registration. The UIB offers you the opportunity to obtain a digital certificate if you do not already have one.
- Submitting a general application form in person*, addressed to the Centre for Postgraduate Studies, at the central UIB Registry Support Office or at a registry support office (OAMR) in your town, autonomous region, embassy or consulate. It will then be forwarded to us digitally, so that we may verify your identity. You must attach a certified copy of the ID document you used for registration
- In exceptional circumstances, identifying yourself through a video presentation procedure. In this instance, you need to request an appointment with the Centre for Postgraduate Studies to verify your ID over Teams. You will receive a link via e-mail. Please bear in mind that in order to verify your ID in this way, you must activate the camera on your device and have your original ID document to hand which you used for registration. During the procedure, you will need to show both sides of your ID document and take a picture. We recommend you do this in a comfortable, quiet and well-lit room (without any bright lights). Ensure auto-rotate is enabled on your mobile device. Nobody else should be present during the procedure.
International students who need to provide proof of residency to avoid the 30% surcharge on the fees for the academic services must submit the relevant documentation, which must be valid on the first day of the academic year (11th September 2023).
In addition, they will have until 31st December in the same academic year to apply for a refund of the surcharge.
If you have enrolled on a subject where a clean certificate of sexual offences is required and you have not authorised the UIB to consult your record with the Ministry of Justice in your enrolment application, you will need to submit the certificate before classes begin.