Master's Degree in Master's in Applied Biotechnology
- New student profile and admission criteria
- Academic and professional goals
- Access to other study programmes and career opportunities
- Structure of the study programme
- Final Exam
- Evaluation criteria and exams
- Study programme leadership
The following will be taken into account:
- Applicants must hold a degree in: Biology, Engineering, Agronomy, Horticultural Sciences, Technical Forestry Engineering, Forestry Engineering, Biochemistry, Environmental Science or any other degree related to the course.
- The applicant’s academic and professional CV.
- In the case of the doctorate it would be convenient if the applicant had already studied a strand of the present postgraduate course.
- Gain basic knowledge of Plant Biology (Botanics, Eco-physiology) in Mediterranean conditions and its development in the face of environmental factors (climate and soil).
- Be aware of and assess applications and techniques related to agriculture, gardening, forestry exploitation and management of the environment in Mediterranean conditions.
- Gain knowledge, skills and revision in the use of advanced research technologies and practical applications in this field, as well as equipping students with the tools necessary for the solving of problems in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Distinguish key elements in the Mediterranean environment, including the flora and physical environment, highlighting the importance of biodiversity.
- Understand genetic, molecular and physiological mechanisms that condition plants’ dependence on water, and the potential applications of this knowledge in the management of irrigation waters.
- Update and put into practice knowledge of advanced instrumental techniques for the study and management of Mediterranean vegetation.
- Be aware of technological advances that allow improved plant production in Mediterranean conditions.
- Know how to manage natural resources by means of technologies that permit a sustainable development of the Mediterranean environment.
- Be aware of the latest technologies in the sustainable management of agricultural resources in semi-arid climates.
Once they have successfully completed the masters course, students may apply to study the PhD course in Plant Biology.