Master's Degree. Advanced Microbiology (MMIC): 2011-12
|Branch of knowledge||Sciences|
Joint Master programme - Interuniversitary
|Programme management board||
|Number of Credits||60|
|Places available for new applicants||32|
|BOE publication date||
Applications are welcomed from:
- Graduates with bachelors degrees in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences, Ocean Sciences, Pharmacy, Agronomic Engineering, Medicine and Surgery, Chemistry and Veterinary Medicine which includes the study of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Genetics, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Plant and Animal Physiology and Chemistry and any other degree related to the Masters.
- Holders of Spanish bachelors degrees based on the ECTS system and with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in first-cycle studies that include Microbiology content and other related areas such as Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Genetics, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Plant and Animal Physiology and Chemistry.
Applications will be studied and evaluated by the course’s Academic Committee.
Current legislation applies to students with degrees from foreign universities.
This course aims to:
- Provide students with a solid grounding in the role of microorganisms as pathogenic agents, the cellular and molecular basis of immune response and the tools used in diagnosing and treating infections caused by infectious agents.
- Introduce students to the applications of microbiological, immunological and molecular biology techniques in analysing, studying and identifying microorganisms in vitro and in clinical, environmental and industrial samples:
- Broaden students’ knowledge of the traditional applications of microbiology in industry as well as its combined use with molecular genetics in Biotechnology.
- Further students’ understanding of the role of microorganisms in the air and in edaphic and aquatic (including marine) systems and their interaction and impact on humans and their activities.
Doctor by the University of the Balearic Islands in Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology. (Doctorate with Quality Mark).
Focus of masters: academic, professional and research
Type of masters: interuniversity
- Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of the Balearic Islands
- Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Barcelona
- Department of Microbiology and Sanitary Parasitology, Department of Medicine, University of Barcelona
Other collaborating institutions, businesses and private and public bodies:
- Hospital Universitari Son Dureta
- Saniconsult, SL
- Cidesal, SL
- Quimiotest, SL
Frequency offered: once a year
Number of places available: 32
Mode of study: full time
Type of Modules: mixed
Duration: one year
The course structure can be found in the section " Subjects " of this master's degree.
Specified in the teaching guides that can be found in the section " Subjects "
Pre-registration and registration
Contact information (general administrative services)
Contact information (administrative services of the Center for Postgraduate Studies):
Nominal composition of the Comissió de Garantia de Qualitat (CGQ)
|Responsable de qualitat||Rafael Bosch Zaragoza|
|PDI||Jorge Lalucat Jo|
|PDI||Sebastián Albertí Serrano|
|PAS||Margalida Prohens López|
|Alumne||Cristina Turpín Navarro|
- Comissió de Garantia de Qualitat (CGQ)
- Compromís del títol amb la qualitat
- Memòria anual de seguiment i avaluació de la titulació
- Manual de qualitat de la UIB
- Procès de gestió i revisió d‘incidències, reclamacions i suggeriments
- El Sistema de Garantia de Qualitat d’aquest Programa de Màster es troba recollit i està basat en el Sistema de Garantia Intern de Qualitat de la UIB (SGIQ)
Comments and suggestions
If you have any comment or suggestion, you can send it through contact questionnaire about UIB studies