Master's Degree in Management, Organisation and Business Economics
General information about master's theses
The Master's Thesis (TFM) must be viewed as another subject on the curriculum and, therefore, shall comply with the same general standards and regulations as other subjects.
The maximum number of registrations to pass the TFM subject is four, plus one additional registration which shall be granted by the Centre for Postgraduate Studies management team upon approval by the master's supervisory team.
Where the viva defence of the master's thesis cannot be held in the same academic year as the registration year, an annual registration may be granted for academic tutoring. The registration for academic tutoring must be consecutive.
After enrolling for the TFM subject, students shall formalise the registration of their master's thesis project within the deadlines set for each degree programme.
Registration requests for the Master's Thesis shall be done via the following application: https://postgrau.uib.es/tfm
Bear in mind the following when filling in the form:
- Format of the thesis title (do not write everything in CAPITALS)
- Tutor name and surname(s), as well as his/her correct e-mail address
- Thesis script in PDF format not surpassing 100MB.
You may monitor your request in the same application.
Once the thesis project request has been accepted, students may submit their thesis within the deadlines set for each degree programme.
Submission comprises a two-step process:
- The first shall be done over the application: https://postgrau.uib.es/tfm
- The second shall be done by accessing the TFM subject for your degree programme on Aula Digital. Here you will need to submit the same file in the 'Master's thesis submission (final version)' task.
You need to take the following into account when filling in the form:
- The thesis document must be in PDF format not surpassing 100MB in size
- The Thesis cover, which can be found in the 'Master's forms' section
- The thesis distribution licence must be filled out via the same application.
You may monitor your request in the same application. When students and tutors sign the licence, they authorise the work to be published in the institutional repository for public consultation.
The master's supervisory team may appoint one or several panels at the start of the academic year or appoint a specific panel for each thesis.
- The master's supervisory team will send a copy of the thesis to the panel members
- The master's supervisory team shall notify admin services regarding the panel members and the viva date, as well as release a public announcement
- The chair of the panel shall convene the other members, tutor(s) and/or joint tutors, and the author within at least ten and at most 15 working days
- Admin services shall produce the corresponding record of proceedings.
The mark awarded shall be included in students' academic record once all credits for the programme are passed.
Web resources from the UIB library: Definition, regulations and other topics related to plagiarism and how to avoid it.
Integridad académica y plagio (Academic integrity, plagiarism and how to include the ideas of others into our work): Author: González Teruel, Aurora - Date: 2019 - (Educational Innovation, University of Valencia) Video on YouTube
Information about accessing Turnitin reports: UIB Turnitin Webinar.
Since the first step to check for plagiarism comes from those tutoring theses, tutors are recommended to review the 'Resources on academic plagiarism and Turnitin' section on this website.