Students with Overseas Qualifications

This section is aimed at students with overseas qualifications who would like to take official postgraduate studies (Master or PhD) at the UIB. Such students are not required to have their degrees officially recognised by the Spanish education authorities. Access to a programme shall in no way imply recognition of the prior degree held by the interested party, or its recognition for any other purposes than to access master's degree studies. Students with overseas degrees recognised by the Spanish Ministry of Education will follow the pre-registration process undertaken by students with Spanish degrees.

If you are interested in having your overseas qualification (bachelor or master) officially recognised by the Spanish education authorities, please contact the Spanish Ministry of Universities.

If you are interested in having your overseas PhD qualification officially recognised in Spain, please visit the 'Equivalence Statement' section on the UIB Doctoral School website.

Acceptance subject to submission of the translation and legalised copies of the documents

The CEP/EDUIB and the persons in charge of the degree may accept pre-registration for Master’s and Doctorate studies in which the documents referred to in stage "5. Presentation of original documents" have not yet been translated pursuant to the requirements listed therein and/or have not been duly legalised in accordance with the requirements of the international agreement applicable.

Definitive admission to the Master’s and Doctorate studies will be subject to the student presenting the legalised and/or translated documents, in accordance with the provisions of this website.

Document presentation must be carried out before formalising registration. Otherwise, the student will not be able to register.