Students with foreign degrees

This section is aimed at students with foreign degrees who would like to take official postgraduate studies (Master's or Doctorate) at the UIB. Such students are not required to have their foreign degrees officially recognised by the Spanish education authorities. This access shall not, in any case, involve the recognition of the prior degree possessed by the interested party or its recognition for any other purposes than access to Master's degree studies. Students with foreign degrees recognised by the Spanish Ministry of Education will follow the pre-registration process undertaken by students with Spanish degrees.

If you are interested in having your foreign degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) officially recognised by the Spanish education authorities, please contact the Spanish Ministry of Education.

If you are interested in having your foreign PhD officially recognised in Spain, please visit the website of Doctoral School of the UIB - section "Declaración de equivalencia".

Acceptance subject to submission of the translation and legalised copies of the documents

The CEP/EDUIB and the persons in charge of the degree may accept pre-registration for Master’s and Doctorate studies in which the documents referred to in stage "5. Presentation of original documents" have not yet been translated pursuant to the requirements listed therein and/or have not been duly legalised in accordance with the requirements of the international agreement applicable.

Definitive admission to the Master’s and Doctorate studies will be subject to the student presenting the legalised and/or translated documents, in accordance with the provisions of this website.

Document presentation must be carried out before formalising registration. Otherwise, the student will not be able to register.