The Master's Thesis (TFM) must be viewed as another subject on the curriculum and, therefore, shall comply with the same general standards and regulations as other subjects.
- Master's thesis registration:
The maximum number of registrations to pass the TFM subject is four plus one additional registration which shall be granted by the Centre for Postgraduate Studies management team upon approval by the master's management team.
Where the viva defence of the master's thesis cannot be held in the same academic year as the registration year, an annual registration may be granted for academic tutoring.
The registration for academic tutoring must be consecutive.
- Registration of the master's thesis project:
After enrolling for the TFM subject, students shall formalise the registration of their master's thesis project within the deadlines set for each degree programme.
Registration requests for the Master's Thesis shall be done via the following application: https://postgrau.uib.es/tfm
Bear in mind the following when filling in the form:
- Format of the thesis title (do not write everything in CAPITALS)
- Tutor name and surname(s), as well as his/her correct e-mail address
- Thesis script in PDF format not surpassing 100MB.
You may monitor your request in the same application.
- Submission of the master's thesis:
Once the thesis project request has been accepted, students may submit their thesis within the deadlines set for each degree programme.
Submission comprises a two-step process:
- The first shall be done over the application: https://postgrau.uib.es/tfm
- The second shall be done by accessing the TFM subject for your degree programme on Aula Digital. Here you will need to submit the same file in the 'Master's thesis submission (final version)' task.
You need to take the following into account when filling in the form:
- The thesis document must be in PDF format not surpassing 100MB in size
- The Thesis cover, which can be found in the 'Master's forms' section
- The thesis distribution licence must be filled out via the same application.
You may monitor your request in the same application. When students and tutors sign the licence, they authorise the work to be published in the institutional repository for public consultation.
- Master's thesis viva defence:
The master's management team may appoint one or several panels at the start of the academic year or appoint a specific panel for each thesis.
- The master's management team will send a copy of the thesis to the panel members
- The master's management team shall notify admin services regarding the panel members and the viva date, as well as release a public announcement
- The chair of the panel shall convene the other members, tutor(s) and/or joint tutors, and the author within at least ten and at most 15 working days
- Admin services shall produce the corresponding record of proceedings.
- Master's thesis assessment:
The mark awarded shall be included in students' academic record once all credits for the programme are passed.